R+D Embedded Software Engineer
The FACOMSA purpose is the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of components for the automotive industry that satisfy the expectations and necessities with our customers, as well as the objectives and interests of the organization, including maximum respect for the environment.
Our Software development team has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Embedded Software Engineer who is passionate about working in the two-wheeler sector developing software for new TFT and LCD instruments clusters. As part of the Software team, you will work closely with the hardware design engineers and connectivity engineers to develop low-level drivers/software to take projects from concept to production.
- Degree in Electronic, Telecommunications, Computer Science engineering or similar.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience developing and debugging real-time embedded systems.
- Have solid skills developing in C language applications.
- Strong communication skills, motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of communications protocol such as (i.e. TCP/IP, UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Parallel).
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the design, develop, test & debug embedded electronics for microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of simulation and codding tools such as MPLAB, MATLAB-Simulink, MATLAB-programming, and related MathWorks products is a plus.
- Troubleshooting experience with basic electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analysers, protocol analysers, etc.)
- A high level of skill in problem re-creation and trapping as well as identifying and optimizing the performance of critical algorithms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with R&D hardware-designers and connectivity team to define requirements for the firmware/software design and provide reports in a timely fashion.
- Participate in all design, test plan, and code reviews, providing constructive feedback to ensure the quality of firmware.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to derive innovative quality firmware solutions.
- Design, implement, validate, and maintain firmware components to support products using best-practice firmware development methodologies.
- Design and develop communication protocols, standard and proprietary for device communications via wireless and wired technologies. Mainly CAN and Bluetooth.
- Participate in the design and development of device firmware applications using C programming language.
- Participate in researching technologies to assist in developing firmware/software.
- Effectively communicate key product capabilities and participates in the preparation of firmware related documentation.
- Create and develop libraries, applications, and driver code along with the unit test framework and run the unit tests to meet the requirements.
- Develop real-time embedded firmware for microcontroller-based equipment and provide support in the maintenance and modification of existing embedded firmware.
- From 0 years to 5 years
- We understand that you cannot be a master of all programming languages or technologies. You will learn with us!
- Salary according experience
- 40 hours per week with flexible schedule