Inputs of this cluster are:
- 1 dedicated independent input for the CAN bus
- dedicated inputs for handlebar switches
- dedicated analogical inputs for temperature sensors, fuel level sensor.
The dashboard is equipped with a LCD display for showing following information:
- Fuel/Engine temperature/SoC
LCD general characteristics:
- Automotive grade
- LCD type: TN
- Backlight type: LED
The dashboard is equipped with 6 telltales, as a proposal:
- High beam
- Oil pressure
The dashboard is also equipped with wireless communication hardware type Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0, which allows the dashboard to become a Bluetooth SMART device type and communicate with other Bluetooth Smart Ready devices like SmartPhones.
Wireless communication hardware is directly integrated into the dashboard hardware and it has a direct communication with the Dashboard MCU (Microcontroller Unit).
Wireless communication HW has processor capabilities and manages all the external communications including:
- BTLE stack.
- Proprietary protocol (communication through SmartPhone)
- Security encryption mechanisms.
Internal communication exists, between DashBoard MCU and Wireless communication processor. Dashboard MCU is the Master on the communication and it continuously controls and manages the wireless communication.